- December 13-20, 2016: I will be signing books at the Miami Book Fair 2016 November 13-20, 2016 Miami Dade College
- December 14, 2013: I will be signing books at the Kazoo Books Annual Author Day Saturday December 14, 2013 1-2:30 pm Kazoo Books, 2413 Parkview, Kalamazoo, MI
- August 30, 2012: I am one of the panel of readers at Tech Town for the upcoming Marick Press Reading with Keith Taylor, Mariela Griffor and William Olsen. August 30, 2012 7:00 pm Tech Town located on 440 Burroughs, Detroit, MI "Marick Press, a Michigan based literary publisher dedicated to poetry and creative writing, presents a reading with Poet and publishers Keith Taylor, Mariela Griffor and William Olsen."
- June 15, 2012: I am an invited reader in Paris, FRANCE at the Club des Poetes on June 15, 2012: Le Club des Poètes accueille un poète suédois et une poétesse chilienne : Kjell Espmark (poète, romancier et historien de la littérature, membre de l’Académie suédoise et membre du Comité Nobel qu’il a présidé de 1988 à 2004), et Mariela Griffor (qui dirige la maison d’édition Marick Press aux Etats-Unis) dont un recueil va paraître en traduction française sous le titre : "Ma demeure brûle". Elle est actuellement Consul du Chili dans le Michigan. Ci-après le poète québécois Guy Jean présente Mariela Griffor, dont il a traduit les poèmes en Français
- June 2, 2012: I will be an invited reader in the Farmington, MI at the Absinthe Festival from 7-8 pm, June 2, 2012.
- April 7-8, 2011: I will be an invited reader, with Chad Sweeney, in the Chicago based "Series A" poetry reading at the Hyde Park Art Center from 7-8 pm, April 7-8, 2011.
- February 17, 2011: Invited Reader in the 2011 Midwinter Storytelling Festival at the Peter White Public Library in Marquette, MI at 7 pm, February 17, 2011.
- November 11, 2011: I’m happy to announce that I will be part of the Midnight Sun Visiting Writers Series on November 11, 2011. For more information visit the University of Alaska Fairbanks Website . More information soon.
- October 30, 2010: A Day of Poetry - October 2010. Saturday October 30, 2010 , 10:30 to 13:30 at Strindbergrummet, Berns Salonger, Stockholm, SWEDEN. .
- October 11, 2010: Reader at Wellspring Literary Series poetry reading in Mount Pleasant, MI..
- October 6, 2010: 2010 Chicago Calling Arts Festival. Wednesday October 6, 2010 , 8:00 pm at The Reconstruction Room at the Black Rock Bar, 3614 N. Daman Ave., Chicago, IL 60618. Admission is Free. “Translating 2010” is a poetry event that is happening during the Rec Roomers series, as part of the 2010 Chicago Calling Arts Festival. This event explores the theme of “translations” in its wide range of permutations and possibilities: translating matter into energy, time into memories, poetry into prose, the present into the past, the future into the present, the page into the air, promises into reality, ideals into facts, pencils into sketches into carvings, frames into motion, clouds into rain and water into ice, sound into words. Also, some of this event’s participants will present creative re-imaginings of poetry by Jules LaForgue, the French Symbolist poet who was born 200 years ago. Participants will include Francesco Levato, Mariela Griffor (via Skype), Dan Godston, and other TBA individuals. .
- October 2, 2010: Reader at Kazoo Books II in Kalamazoo, MI. A poetry reading with Marick Press writers from far and wide, Robert Fanning, Francesco Levato, Mariela Griffor—and two of our Kalamazoo poetry stars, Amy Newday and Scott Bade. .
- September 24, 2010: I will be part of the Mayapple Press authors reading on September 24, 2010. The reading is at 414 Court Street, upstairs - the Court Street Gallery. 7 p.m. Saginaw, Michigan .
- January 21, 2010: Reader at the Scarab Club in Detroit, MI. .
- September 25, 2009: Reader at the launch of the The Ambassador Poetry Project to be held at Grosse Pointe Artists Association .
- July 25, 2009: Invited Reader to the Lady Bug Gallery in the Whitdell Building in Southwest Detroit at 1250 Hubbard, Detroit, MI 48209 in conjunction with the exhibit of art by SWAN members (SouthWest Artists' Network of Detroit). I will read from forthcoming releases.
- June 13, 2009: Reading at the Oak Park Library in Oak Park, MI. Reading at 7pm.
- June 6, 2009: Reading at the Midsummer Nights in Midtown's Lit Fest 2009 at the Scarab Club in Detroit, MI. Reading at 5:30 pm.
- May 28, 2009: Reading at the Grosse Pointe Artists Association in Grosse Pointe, MI. Reading at 7pm. I will read from new releases.
- May 17, 2009: Invited Reader at The Broadside Press Poets Theater. It will meet at U of D Mercy on McNichols and Livernois, May 17 3-6 pm in room 238 in the Commerce and Finance Building. If you enter the university at the McNichols entrance there is visitor parking on the left and the Commerce and Finance Bldg is across from the lot. I will read from new translations of Chilean poets: Neruda, Mistral, Bolano and Lihn.
- October 12, 2008: Invited Reader at the BookfestWindsor 2008 in Windsor, ON. Reading at 7pm. I will read from HOUSE and planned releases in English and Spanish.
- November 12, 2008 Shaman & Drum in Ann Arbor 7pm. I will be reading from HOUSE and forthcoming work.
- July 18, 2008, 6:30pm at the the IV lounge reading series in Toronto, Ontario
- September 7th Reading at the War Memorial, Grosse Pointe, Michigan. From Noon-5pm
- June 28 Reading at the Campus Martius Park, Detroit, Michigan. From 3-5pm
- June 20 Reading at The Wharton's home. Aquarious Circle, Oakland.7pm.
- June 2nd Reading at the Brother Rice High School in Birmingham, Michigan.
- Reading on May 21, 2008 at 8pm at the Zeitgeist,Detroit. MI
- Reading on May 12, 2008 at 7pm at the Spiritual Center in Bay City, MI
- Register now for workshops at the Marick Press Mini-Literary Festival - May 2-4, 2008 by Peter Conners, Sean Thomas Dougherty, Ilya Kaminsky, Susan Kelly-DeWitt, G.C. Waldrep and Derick Burleson. This event is supported in part by Poets & Writers Magazine.
- Reading in Homage to Trino Sanchez on April 24, 2008, 6:30 p.m. at the Matrix Theatre on Bagley in Detroit
- Presentation Publishing Nuts and Bolts at the Winter Heat Writers Retreat - January 12, 2008 - 2-3 p.m. This event will be held at the Ralph A. MacMullan Conference Center in Higgins Lake, MI.
- Reading at the 2007 Windsor BookFest on November 3, 2007. It was a 3 day event, magnificent with a closing banquet! Kudos to the Windsor BoodFest Organizers
- October 26, 2007 release of House with Mayapple Press
- Saturday 21 and Sunday April 22, 2007 reading at IWWG Big Apple Conference, Scandinavia House, New York City 58 Park Avenue (at 38th Street) New York City, NY 10016
- Monday, February 26, 2007. Lolita & Gilda's Burlesque Poetry Hour. The Bar Rouge, Washington D.C. More information forthcoming.
- POETS FOLLIES April 27th 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday March 25th 2pm Reading at the Scarab Club
- POETS FOLLIES March 16th 6:30 p.m. Lolita Hernandez, Alex Boyd
- POETS FOLLIES February 23rd 6:30 p.m.
- January 28th, 2007 Reading at the Book Beat in Royal Oak with Anca Vlasopolos
- Friday, January 26, 2007 reading and launch at the GPAA series POETS FOLLIES at 6:30p.m at the Grosse Pointe Artists Association located on 1005 Maryland Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230 Hannelore Hahn, Mariela Griffor, Peter Markus, Marsha Carter
- Friday, December 15, 2006 reading at Il Piccolo Restaurant, at 7:30p.m. located on 226 Carlton Street, Toronto, Canada.
2015-16Canto General: Song of the Americas Miami Festival of Books Invited Reading by translator Mariela Griffor Pablo Neruda is considered one of the greatest poets of the twentieth century in any language. Now his work can be enjoyed afresh with remarkable new translations for the twenty-first century. Mariela Griffor captures Neruda’s most audacious and ambitious epic poem, Canto General, which chronicles an episodic journey through the history of the Americas.
2013Poets D.R. James, Josie Kearns, Linda Nemic Foster, Mariela Griffor, Elizabeth Kerlikowske, Phillip Sterling, Teresa Scollon, will sign copies of New Issues Press new collection, Poetry in Michigan, edited by William Olsen and Jack Ridl. Also, poet Judi Rypma, author of the Amber Room will be here
- January 4, 2013: Thanks to the following journals where poems from my third collection of poetry have appeared or are forthcoming: Cerise Press : "Curls" Passages North: "The Psychiatrist," "Death in Argentina"; Éditions d'art Le Sabord : "Cattys, "Poetry International: "Death in Argentina," Tygerburning Literary Journal: "Sisters," Aldebaran Review : "Exiles," "A Mother Thing"; The Bacon Review : "Daphne and the Non-Profits in the Western Hemisphere," "Andres the Barbarian," "Chiloe Island," The Adroit Journal : "The Middle of this Goodbye", 2River : "Number 7," "The Friends I Loved and Left Behind" ; The Cartier Review : "The Tale Of Two Uncles"; The Café Review : "The Friends I Loved and Left Behind"; Crack the Spine : "On Earth", "Vision" Parthenon West Review ; Badlands; Extracts: "Wings"; The Acentos Review : "Edge", "Chiloe Island" ; The Hollins Critic : "The Breeze"; Blue Collar Review : "Daphne" "Chiloe Island" and "Green Bills"; Amoskeag: the Journal of Southern New Hampshire University : "Crisis."
- January 5, 2013: Also many heartfelt thanks to the editors of Absinthe: New European Writing for accepting two poems, by Kristina Lugn, I translated from the Swedish into English. The 18th issue of Absinthe is out already. Many thanks to New Issues Press for including one of my poems, "In Manistee," in their forthcoming Michigan Anthology. To the editors of the Aldus Journal of Translation thanks for accepting two poems of Kristina Lugn. Thanks to Eyewear Publishing for accepting a manuscript to be publish in the Fall 2013 in London. Sincere thanks to Tupelo Press and its publisher Jeffrey Levine and its editor Jim Schley for accepting for publication my translation of Canto General by Pablo Neruda into English, to appear in late Fall of 2013. 2012 was a tough year but not even the storms of the Midwest could stop the writing! I'm looking forward to sharing more publications and reading more of the works of fellow writers and to continuing to write every day and everywhere!
- I am pleased to announce that my new translation of the poetry collection Canto General by Pablo Neruda will appear April 2013 with Tupelo Press
- I am pleased to announce that my poetry collection Exiliana is among "Popular and Recommended Books for Classes" for 2009 on SPDBooks website
- Release of my collection of poetry House in October 2007 followed the January release of Exiliana - Right now I share my time between finishing a third book of poetry and looking for a agent and a publisher for a substantial memoir on politics and love.
- Appointed as of September 23, 2007 the Consul General of Chile in Michigan. Come see what's happening ... Michigan Consular Corps .
- Recipient of the Wayne County Council for the Arts, History and Humanties , 'International Award 2007'! The ceremony will be held on October 4, 2007 at 7:30 p.m. at the Henry Ford Centennial Library, 16301 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI
Site design by © 2006 Mariela Griffor. All Rights Reserved. Last Update: June 2012. ^ Back to top